non-real traffic
g***@gmail.com
2008-07-11 16:42:12 UTC
I use the MRTG for monitor thousands of devices and it worked fine
until an undefined limit, becasue after that randomly some graphs
shows a very high peak, wich is not real traffic.

Does anybody knows if the MRTG has a limit for the number of devices
to monitor? Is there a requirement for memory and CPU?

Does anybody has solve a similar issue?
abe.sterling
2008-07-16 13:08:34 UTC
Post by g***@gmail.com
I use the MRTG for monitor thousands of devices and it worked fine
until an undefined limit, becasue after that randomly some graphs
shows a very high peak, wich is not real traffic.
Does anybody knows if the MRTG has a limit for the number of devices
to monitor? Is there a requirement for memory and CPU?
Does anybody has solve a similar issue?
As far as I know, MRTG does not scale well for very large networks if
you want high frequency monitoring. Try looking at www.Jilroy.com they
have a scalable solution. Try contacting their support. I have used
them and they helped me with a network of 10Ks of elements using ICMP
& SNMP.