MRTG Cisco 1200 AP
a***@gmail.com
2007-06-29 23:20:49 UTC
I'm trying to graph the # of active clients on a Cisco 1200 series AP.

here is my config:
Target[AP-E0C5]:
1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.273.1.1.2.1.1.1&1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.273.1.1.2.1.1.1:***@10.10.12.24
PageTop[AP-E0C5]: <h1>Cisco 1200's</h1>
MaxBytes[AP-E0C5]: 2048
Title[AP-E0C5]: AP-E0C5
YLegend[AP-E0C5]: AP-E0C5
Options[AP-E0C5]: gauge, growright, transparent, noinfo
LegendI[AP-E0C5]: &nbsp;
LegendO[AP-E0C5]:
Legend1[AP-E0C5]:Client Users Authenticated to Cisco 1200 AP's
ShortLegend[AP-E0C5]: Users

There are no errors in the mrtg.log. Running the snmpget command from
the command line on the server or from my laptop yields the correct
output. Am I missing something in the Target?

Thanks
Andrew
Tom Lowry
2007-07-02 20:06:40 UTC
Post by a***@gmail.com
I'm trying to graph the # of active clients on a Cisco 1200 series AP.
PageTop[AP-E0C5]: <h1>Cisco 1200's</h1>
MaxBytes[AP-E0C5]: 2048
Title[AP-E0C5]: AP-E0C5
YLegend[AP-E0C5]: AP-E0C5
Options[AP-E0C5]: gauge, growright, transparent, noinfo
LegendI[AP-E0C5]: &nbsp;
Legend1[AP-E0C5]:Client Users Authenticated to Cisco 1200 AP's
ShortLegend[AP-E0C5]: Users
There are no errors in the mrtg.log. Running the snmpget command from
the command line on the server or from my laptop yields the correct
output. Am I missing something in the Target?
I believe you need to download the MIB from cisco and use the LoadMIBs
parameter:

LoadMIBs: CISCO-DOT11-ASSOCIATION-MIB.my

You can get the MIB from
ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/v1/CISCO-DOT11-ASSOCIATION-MIB-V1SMI.my

My config:
WithPeak[_]: ymw
options[_]: growright,bits
LoadMIBs: CISCO-DOT11-ASSOCIATION-MIB.my
Refresh: 300
Interval: 5
WriteExpires: Yes

Target[AP01]:
1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.273.1.1.2.1.1.1&1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.273.1.1.2.1.1.1:***@AP01
MaxBytes[AP01]: 75
Title[AP01]: AP01
Options[AP01]: gauge noinfo nopercent
YLegend[AP01]: Clients
ShortLegend[AP01]: Clients
PageTop[AP01]: <H1>AP01</H1>
<TABLE>
<TR><TD>System:</TD> <TD>AP01</TD></TR>
</TABLE>
a***@gmail.com
2007-07-05 17:07:23 UTC
Thanks Tom. I'll give it a try.

-Andrew
Jeff Liebermann
2007-07-05 18:40:34 UTC
Post by a***@gmail.com
I'm trying to graph the # of active clients on a Cisco 1200 series AP.
PageTop[AP-E0C5]: <h1>Cisco 1200's</h1>
MaxBytes[AP-E0C5]: 2048
Title[AP-E0C5]: AP-E0C5
YLegend[AP-E0C5]: AP-E0C5
Options[AP-E0C5]: gauge, growright, transparent, noinfo
LegendI[AP-E0C5]: &nbsp;
Legend1[AP-E0C5]:Client Users Authenticated to Cisco 1200 AP's
ShortLegend[AP-E0C5]: Users
There are no errors in the mrtg.log. Running the snmpget command from
the command line on the server or from my laptop yields the correct
output. Am I missing something in the Target?
It's the correct OID, but methinks you'll need to do some more work to
get the user count. Fortunately, it's been done. See:
<https://lists.oetiker.ch/pipermail/mrtg/2004-May/028081.html>
Note that this is for the number of authenticated users, not the
number of associated (connected) devices.
--
Jeff Liebermann ***@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com