New MRTG Installation
IT_Admin
2010-03-05 20:57:31 UTC
I have just setup a new MRTG installation and configured the program
to run as a service. I used the cfgmaker to access my first router and
create a mrtg.cfg file. I upated the file to only monitor the ports I
wish to see and started the service. It is running great, expect that
it is not retrieving the correct values for some of the the fiber
ports I am monitoring. I have ports that have a constant bandwidth of
around 400Mb/s to 500Mb/s and the MRTG graph is only showing about
98Mb/s. I am really confused and don't know where I went wrong. Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike
Niels Baggesen
2010-03-06 06:44:24 UTC
Post by IT_Admin
ports I am monitoring. I have ports that have a constant bandwidth of
around 400Mb/s to 500Mb/s and the MRTG graph is only showing about
98Mb/s. I am really confused and don't know where I went wrong. Any
Did you remember to choose SNMP v2? Otherwise it is impossible to monitor
interfaces with more than 100Mb traffic given the 5 minute polling
interval that MRTG uses.

/Niels
--
Niels Baggesen -- @home -- Ã…rhus -- Denmark -- ***@baggesen.net
The purpose of computing is insight, not numbers -- R W Hamming